USPS Tracking by Tracking Number United States Postal service which is also known as USPS was established on July 1st, 1971 in Washington, D.C., U.S. USPS is an independent agency of United States government which is responsible for providing of Postal Services all over the United States. USPS is considered to be one of the few government Agencies which are authorized by the United States Constitution. The USPS services are operated for a large civilians vehicle fleet in the world. The services of USPS are legally obligated to serve all the Americans which also includes the uniform prices and quality for its services. It also has exclusive access to letter box which is marked as “U.S. Mail” and personal letterboxes in the United States of America.
USPS Tracking Services
- USPS Mail Tracking
- USPS Priority Mail Tracking
- USPS Package Tracking
- USPS Express Mail Tracking
- USPS International Shipment Tracking
UPS Tracking is a mechanism which provides an end-to-end tracking of the shipment that can be automatically tracked. USPS tracking facility is really a great mechanism for the customers to track the shipment location very easily. By using this tracking facility the customer will be insured whether the sent mail is delivered or not. USPS will offer a wide range of services so by using these services you can make your tracking very easy.The tracking service of USPS will give its customers a real-time tracking information and it also provides visualized delivery path with the help of Google maps. Buy just simply entering the USPS Tracking Number on the official website. The customer will be provided with the exact location and the useful information
Tracking of USPS packages it uses as a system which is known as confirming to track the item through its delivery process. In which and IMb process is used, which means intelligent mail barcode which is printed on the package. This code is provided with a unique number for each and every customer. The IMb’s are read it is hangover along the route which is done either by a fixed or a handheld unit. By doing this the USPS will provide an accurate way to determine the shipment location of the package at each stage until it reaches its destination. Indus the customer will have different levels to crack the package depending upon the level of services that they purchase from the USPS. Incase Priority Mail Express is a service that the customer has selected then by entering the label number the customer will get the point by point track information.
USPS tracking certified mail and registered mail will show when it was dispatch for delivery. IMb Technology can also be used for tracking of the incoming mails, and it is also used to identify the sender. Apart from this UPS tracking will also provide to with advanced tracking system which will provide a series of the report for companies that are sending out bulk mails of advertisement materials and periodicals. So by this, you can get a complete information of the shipment at any time. The tracking of the package can be done to know the status of the location in the following ways,
- USPS Online Tracking: USPS online tracking can be done by visiting the USPS tracking page. And then enter the tracking number format to know the status of the location.
- USPS SMS Tracking: By using SMS tracking the customers can also track the status by just texting the tracking number 22837 to get the latest updates of the package.
USPS Tracking Number Format
The most common USPS tracking format is a 20 digit number (e.g. 9999 9999 9999 9999 9999), or a combination of 13 alphabets and numeric characters. Which usually starts with two alphabets, which is followed by a 9 digit number and ending by “US” (e.g. EA 999 999 999 US). There will also be some other less common format which may also exist such as 10 digits.
|USPS Tracking®||9400 1000 0000 0000 0000 00|
|Priority Mail®||9205 5000 0000 0000 0000 00|
|Certified Mail®||9407 3000 0000 0000 0000 00|
|Collect on Delivery||9303 3000 0000 0000 0000 00|
|Global Express Guaranteed®||82 000 000 00|
|Priority Mail Express International™||EC 000 000 000 US|
|Priority Mail Express™||9270 1000 0000 0000 0000 00
EA 000 000 000 US
|Priority Mail International®||CP 000 000 000 US|
|Registered Mail™||9208 8000 0000 0000 0000 00|
|Signature Confirmation™||9202 1000 0000 0000 0000 00|
How much does USPS Tracking cost
The tracking process is done very easily, and it does not cost anything for tracking. You can simply enjoy tracking facility for free since it is available with the postage service. The service will be automatically included in the parcel that you order. Basically, you should take for the product postage, and the tracking is available for free. Even though the tracking service is available for free, but all the tracking services are not available at free of cost. There are some services in which tracking of the package will be charged such as standard mail. In some cases, the tracking may also be costlier based on the package.
How to Track a USPS Package
To track the package then you need to set up few thing before you track the shipment. And you will sometimes find that USPS tracking is not updating or USPS tracking not working which needed to be refreshed. Based on the mail it is very simple to automatically with the help of the tracking mechanism.
1. Tracking Packages Online: The first thing you need to do in order to track the package location is by tracking the package online. The following steps are needed,
2. Setting up a Trackable form of Shipment: First, you must know that not all the packages can be tracked automatically through USPS. The users must make sure that will allow you to track your shipment. It is very important that you should know that the some of the trackings requires 45 days for the lost emails. So you should follow the few things regarding the tracking service.
- In some of the shipments, it does not include automatically tracking facility. Light-medium meal and domestic first class mail shipment which do not include any tracking in it but they need some additional fees to track the shipment.
- The USPS usually does not consider all the emails equally, so it is very important to know the basic rule that you will get the detailed information about your mail if the form of shipping is more expensive.
- Usually, priority mail is more expensive when compared to that of first class mail which includes tracking in it.
3. Hold on to Your Receipt: For this, you need to check your receipt for a tracking number. And the tracking number is usually found at the bottom of the receipt. You should keep this receipt says because it has a unique USPS tracking number that can be used to track your package. Each package will be provided with its own tracking number which depends upon the type of the shipment that you have selected.
4. Visit the Official Site of USPS.com: You need to go to the official site of USPS in case if you want to track the shipment location. In the home page also you can find some tracking facilities available. This will help you in a better way to track the shipment location instantly.
5. Add the Tracking Number: It is very easy to add the tracking number by just adding it. Then you need to enter the tracking number into the search box and then click on the enter button. This will help you in finding the location of the shipment very easily with just a single click.
6. Understand the Status Descriptions: Once you click on the enter button, then you will be given the current location information of the package. In the next page, you will be provided with the complete information of your shipment. And they are also some shipment terminologies that the user should understand. Some terminologies are easy while some a little bit complicated so have a look at all the terminologies used in tracking
- If it shows “Arrived at USPS Origin Facility” then it means it is showing the moment when your package enters into the USPS sorting system.
- If it shows “Arrived at Post Office” then it means it has reached its final stage of delivery but still under USPS.
- If you see “Out for Delivery” then it is clear that your package is currently with the postal agent who is going to deliver it.
- “Unable to Deliver” will appear when the signature is required or some other instructions to facilitate delivery. In such cases, the package returns to the local post office for later delivery.
2. Adding Advanced Tracking and Confirmation:-
(i). Request a Signature Confirmation<
(ii). Add a Return Receipt
(iii). Hold on to Your Receipt
(iv). Visit the Official Site of USPS
(v). Enter Tracking Number
(vi). Confirmation of Delivery
3. View Package Tracking Information Via RSS :
- Get the Tracking Number
- Open RSS Reader
- Create Tracking URL : – Create tracking URL, and you can do so by appending the tracking number to the URL given below – United States Postal Service (USPS):- https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?tLabels=
- After creating the tracking URL, you have to subscribe with your favorite RSS reader.
- Copy the URL and paste it into the RSS Reader.
- Now you can track your package as it is delivered to you.
4. Tracking through SMS: You can also track your packages through text. For this, you have to send a text to 28777 (2USPS).
5. Over a Phone: You can call on 1-800-222-1811. Tell them your tracking number and they will tell you the process of the package. But Hours of the operation are
- Monday to Friday:- 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. ET
- Saturday :- 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET
- Sundays: – Closed
- Holidays: – Closed
6. By Using Smartphone: – A USPS Mobile app is also available for iOS and Android users. You can download this app for your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and Android devices. Download it by clicking one of the options below
7. Tracking Information By Email : – U.S. mail tracking is now more easy with email tracking facility. There are three options to get updated with the tracking process by emails
- Get the only information which is available at the time of your request.
- Get shipment updates as your item goes through the mainstream.
- Get both the information, currently available and which will be available in the future.
USPS Hold Mail
If in case you are on vacation or you are in your office or anywhere away from your home then there may be a situation in which your package may receive your home when you are not available. In such cases, USPS hold mail service is provided by the USPS for its customers to hold the package in the USPS Postal Office. After you reach you home, you can ask the USPS to send your mail to your location.
USPS Certified Mail
Certified mail provides you proof that the mail has been sent. You can also get exact delivery details, or data delivery attempt was made. When the package is received by the customer, then it will ask for a signature from the person who has accepted the main. This will ensure the customers in providing security that the package has been reached to the desired destination.
The services of USPS are available as given below,
- Monday-Friday 8 AM to 8:30 PM ET
- Saturday 8 AM-6PM ET
- Customers can also visit the official site of USPS to resolve their queries from there.
Based on the server did you choose the shipping rates may be applicable. The rates of USPS some of the factors like destination, priority, and service you choose for are the factor on which the prices of the service will depend on. There is a USPS Rates Calculator tool that will help the customer in calculating the cost of shipment. To calculate the price the customer should go to the price calculator page and then enter the details of your parcel including. The details will include ‘To’ and ‘From’ zip codes, preferred service, package size, e.t.c. And estimate the cost of shipping.
USPS Job Information
USPS information regarding employment information, career opportunities, and exam information are available in the USPS Careers section of the United States Postal Service website. They can find different career opportunities in the USPS postal office, which will offer a number of jobs in all categories.
USPS Customer Care Numbers – Usps Contact
|USPS Customer Care Number||1-800-275-8777 (1-800-ASK-USPS)|
|USPS Tracking Customer Care Toll Free Number)||1-800-222-1811|